Sedum Confusum - Plant
Description for Sedum Confusum
Sedum confusum is a sprawling ground cover which forms a foliage mat spreading by trailing stems. Features succulent, shiny, bright green leaves which typically form rosettes at the ends of stems rising to 10" tall.
Clusters of yellow, star-like flowers appear in summer. Sedum confusum is appropriately possessed of uncommon qualities. Unlike ivy, gazania and ice-plant, it does not get woody and does not build thatch.
The fleshy oval dark green leaves concentrate toward the tips of arching branches, forming lush mounds.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Lesser Mexican stonecrop||Yellow||April||0.25 to 0.75 feet||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
Plant sedum seeds in early spring in well-drained, average to rich soil in full sun. Space the plants between 6 inches and 2 feet apart, depending on the type. Low-growing and vigorous species will tolerate partial shade.
|Full Sun to Partial Shade||Well-drained soil||Medium||-20.6 degrees C (-5 degrees F) to -17.8 degrees C (0 degrees F)||The plant is used for an ornamental purpose.|
Caring for Sedum Confusum
- Plant sedum seeds in early spring in well-drained, average to rich soil in full sun. Space the plants between 6 inches and 2 feet apart, depending on the type.
- Low-growing and vigorous species will tolerate partial shade. You can also plant divisions or cuttings instead of seeds.
- Dig a hole so that the top of the root ball is level with the surface, then place the plant in the hole and fill it in.
- Once established, sedums require little care. Check your plants regularly to make sure they are not dry and water when needed.
- After flowering, cut back the plants to maintain their shape.
- Remember to divide your plants in the spring or fall to control their spread. Throughout the summer, divisions and cuttings root readily.
Typical uses of Sedum Confusum
Special features: Used as Ground cover, Borders, Rock gardens, Hanging baskets. May be difficult to find in commerce.
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: The plant is used for an ornamental purpose.
Medicinal use: NA