With this purchase you will get:
Description for Opuntia species
Opuntia species has an appearance with numerous small cylindrical tubercles.
It is a bushy cactus with cylindrical branches.
Planting and care
Re-pot when the plant performs clump and goes beyond the pot size. It should be done before or after the rainy season and in the spring season.
Re-pot with the following proportions: 3 parts of potting soil, 1 part of grit (pumice), 1 part of the horticultural-grade sand, 1/2 part of the compost etc.
Caring for Opuntia species
- Keep in a bright sunny location.
- Try not to water the leaves, give water to soil only.
- Avoid overwatering as the roots may get rot.
- Water the plant in a morning, between 8 to 10 am.
- Avoid keeping in suffocated areas or in dark room.
- While, re-potting or propagating try not to disturb the roots.
- Required care in the winter season. If growing in a pot, then kept in indoors and growing in outside do mulching.
Typical uses of Opuntia species
Special features: Survivals and growers of the summer.
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: Its color and the appearance is appreciated by the various gardens.
Medicinal use: NA
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
can I grow absolutely indoor or outdoor? or partly indoor or outdoor?
Can be kept in semi shade areas
I am staying in Bangalore so delivery time may damage the plant?
Plant received in good packing, but is not similar as shown in web site.
Can you ensure that your packaging will not spoil the plant.
Any query about opuntia species - plant