With this purchase you will get:
Description for Kalanchoe houghtonii
This Kalanchoe is a hybrid of hybrid of Kalanchoe daigremontiana and Kalanchoe delagoensis, and it can be identified by the V-shaped leaves. It is a biennial erect, unbranching plant up to 30 inches in height. Leaves are arched, boat-shaped, fleshy, tricornered, and emerald green to brownish-green in color, usually with purple splotches beneath and serrated margins. Plantlets are produced at the margins of mature plant leaves. Flowers are pendulous orange and pink in color.
Planting and care
Kalanchoe will produce tiny plantlets along the leaf margins that can be individually potted up.
Re-pot with the following proportions: 3 parts of potting soil, 1 part of grit (pumice), 1 part of the horticultural-grade sand, 1/2 part of the compost etc.
Caring for Kalanchoe houghtonii
- Keep in a bright sunny location.
- Try not to water the leaves, give water to soil only.
- Avoid overwatering as the roots may get rot.
- Water the plant in a morning, between 8 to 10 am.
- Avoid keeping in suffocated areas or in dark room.
- While, re-potting or propagating try not to disturb the roots.
Typical uses of Kalanchoe houghtonii
Special features: Survivals and growers of the summer.
Ornamental use: This Kalanchoe is used as the ornamental plant.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments