Hworthia Glabrata - Plant
Description for Hworthia Glabrata
Haworthia are delightful little succulents that form very attractive and singular small houseplants. Generally easy to grow, the same best practices that yield healthy Aloe and Echeveria plants will also produce beautiful Haworthia.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|-||Dark green||Early summer||2 inch to 8 inch||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
Growing in a greenhouse will also provide sufficient lightâ€¦ but grown indoors for much of the year can create etiolated, weakened and abnormally green plants. The more light the better, with the exception of full sun for those species that canâ€™t tolerate it, or are unaccustomed to (can sunburn severely, and subsequently rot).
|Will take various light conditions, but neither direct sunlight or deep shade.||Well-drained soil||Once a month, however to get the plant thriving it will need to be done at least once a fortnight.||4 degrees C and above||Fertilize during the summer growing season with a cactus fertilizer. Dont feed during the winter.|
Caring for Hworthia Glabrata
- Will take various light conditions, but neither direct sunlight or deep shade.
- A surviving plant will get by with watering just once a month, however to get the plant thriving it will need to be done at least once a fortnight.
- Very tolerant of underwatering, but will succumb quickly to rotting if overwatered.
- Feed your Haworthia very occasionally and when you do, ensure it's only a weak solution.
- Average warmth between Spring and Autumn / Fall. Cooler in Winter although if possible, not cold and absolutely no lower than 4 C
- Once the time has come, just choose a pot slightly bigger than the last and use a similar soil composition to what was being used previously.
Typical uses of Hworthia Glabrata
Special features: Use a sharp knife and cut as close to the parent plant as possible, ensure the offset has some roots. Wait a day for the offset to dry slightly (this reduces the chances of the raw "wound" from rotting), then pot up in a small container using a standard potting or cactus compost mix.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
Want to write review ?Click here to Login
What garden lovers say ... ?
Verry small size.but good product no any damage when i got it in my home delievery is superior
Some leaves are green and some leaves are greenish yellow but anyway it looks great!
I m really impressed with this plant properties.