|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Huernia Zebrina
Winter hardy to USDA Zones 8 to 12. In St. Louis, it is easily grown as a houseplant. It is noted for its ease of culture and tolerance for wide range of growing conditions. Use a peaty, soil-based potting mix. Best in filtered sun.
Planting and care
Lifesaver plants can be grown as intriguing indoor, greenhouse or summer patio container plants almost anywhere. Species such as Huernia zebrina, H. pillansii, H. keniensis and H. primulina can be grown in outdoor landscapes in warm-winter and Mediterranean climates.
Protect outdoor plants from frost and rain during winter and full sun in summer. Plant enthusiasts worldwide grow Huernias because of their interesting stem shapes and colors and because of the often intricate and fascinating flower forms and colors.
Caring for Huernia Zebrina
- Huernias require a potting mix with excellent drainage. A succulent plant mix of 50 percent pumice or perlite, 25 percent peat or organic mulch, and 25 percent sand helps prevent rotting and overwatering. Roots experience dieback in cool season dormancy, so plants grow best in shallow containers that allow the soil to dry out quickly.
- Lifesaver plants prefer bright light or partial shade. In nature, they grow underneath shrubs or other plants. Too much sun causes stems to develop protective reddish or purple pigmentation and can actually scald the stems. Too little light leads to weak, thin growth with decreased flower production.
Typical uses of Huernia Zebrina
Special features: Easy to grow. As a houseplant, grow in pots, hanging baskets or along shelves. Ground cover or bedding plant where it can be grown outdoors.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
- http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/PlantFinderDetails.aspx?kempercode=d681 http://www.flowersofindia.net/risearch/search.php?query=Huernia+Zebrina&stpos=0&stype=AND
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Brilliant stuff, highly recommended.
This is easy to grow with low maintenance requirements
Dose u give instructions on how to maintain them??
Very nice plants...looking so beautiful..thanku nurserylive?
Can be kept in semi shade areas