With this purchase you will get:
Description for Haworthia retusa, Star Cactus
It is a small, rosette forming succulent which is perennial. The leaves are thick, triangular, translucent, and green in color. The species has leaf-top windows, which are shiny.
Planting and care
In cultivation, it can form an offset, and even form clumps. Its natural habitat is lower hills and flat terrain.
Re-pot when the plant performs clump and goes beyond the pot size. It should be done before or after the rainy season and in the spring season.
Re-pot with the following proportions: 3 parts of potting soil, 1 part of grit (pumice), 1 part of the horticultural-grade sand, 1/2 part of the compost etc.
Caring for Haworthia retusa
- Keep in a bright sunny location.
- Try not to water the leaves, give water to soil only.
- Avoid overwatering as the roots may get rot.
- Water the plant in a morning, between 8 to 10 am.
- Avoid keeping in suffocated areas or in dark room.
- While, re-potting or propagating try not to disturb the roots.
- Required care in the winter season. If growing in a pot, then kept in indoors and growing in outside do mulching.
Typical uses of Haworthia retusa
Special features: Survivals and growers of the summer.
Ornamental use: Its color and the appearance is appreciated by the various gardens.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Very nice plant. Got delivered with very good condition. Gonna order one more
Can i keep it in my ac room?
"I ve bought quite a few of these and are growing very well.
Easy plant to grow quickly and provide the rooms with a colourful leaf display
How many plants like this needed for a 500 SQFT living hall