(Inclusive of all taxes)
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Echinopsis species
Echinopsis is the most popular and widely grown genus from the family of cactus. This genus includes more than 100 species varying in size, shape and growing habits. Most of the species in the genus of Echinopsis grow in clusters of globular heads. In some species, these globular heads remain solitary whereas some species produce several offspring around globular heads.The flowers of Echinopsis open only at night, to be pollinated by moths, and close in the morning. The flowers of Echinopsis are short-lived. They grow only in situations where the soil is sandy or gravelly, or on the sides of hills in the crevices of rocks.
Planting and care
Echinopsis can be propagated from offspring sown in spring or summer. Cut offsets close to the stem, at the narrowest possible place. When rooting cacti from cuttings, let the fresh cutting dry out slightly on a paper towel and cut the cacti at the narrowest place possible. After a few days place the cutting in a rooting mixture of fast-draining cacti soil. Keep the cutting barely moist and warm. New roots will form in a matter of weeks, either around the vascular bundles or the cut areoles near the cut. Once new roots are visible, pot the plant as a typical cactus and move it into new pot.
Caring for Echinopsis species
- Repot the plant during summer. To repot cacti, make sure the soil is dry before repotting, then gently remove the pot. Knock away the old soil from the roots, making sure to remove any rotted or dead roots in the process. Place the plant in its new pot and backfill with potting soil, spreading the roots out as you repot. Leave the plant dry for a week or so, then begin to water lightly to reduce the risk of root rot. Be careful when handling Echinopsis as they have stiff spines.
- Water the plant only when the soil becomes completely dry. Do not overwater your plant.
Typical uses of Echinopsis species
Special features: This flower produces very beautiful flower of different color.
Ornamental use: Can be grown as pot plant.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments