Description for Pachyveria scheideckeri
It has loose bluish rosettes. The flower colour is variable according to seasons or nearby growing conditions.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Scheideckeri, Jeweled crown||Not defined||Not defined||Up to 6 inches||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
Re-pot when the plant performs clump and goes beyond the pot size. It should be done before or after the rainy season and in the spring season.
Re-pot with the following proportions: 3 parts of potting soil, 1 part of grit (pumice), 1 part of the horticultural-grade sand, 1/2 part of the compost etc.
|Full sun, partial sun, at least 4 to 6 hours of sunlight per day.||Avoid excess organic contents in the soil.||Low for the rainy season, Moderate for winter, More than moderate for a summer||Ideal: 22 to 35 degrees C||No need much. A peat-based compost should not be used.|
Caring for Pachyveria scheideckeri
- Keep in a bright sunny location.
- Try not to water the leaves, give water to soil only.
- Avoid overwatering as the roots may get rot.
- Water the plant in a morning, between 8 to 10 am.
- Avoid keeping in suffocated areas or in dark room.
- While, re-potting or propagating try not to disturb the roots.
- Required care in the winter season. If growing in a pot, then kept in indoors and growing in outside do mulching.
Typical uses of Pachyveria scheideckeri
Special features: Survivals and growers of the summer. Drought tolerant.
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: Its color and the appearance is appreciated by the various gardens.
Medicinal use: NA