Aralia Miniature White (Small) - Plant
Description for Aralia Miniature White (Small)
Most interiorscapers experienced with these plants would agree that many of the cultivars and species are truly superior interiorscape plants with phenomenal staying power on the job. Even when used in those hot, dark places referred to in the article. Over the years, aralias have fallen in and out of favor with growers and plants buyers alike.
Leaves mostly pinnate, leaflets opposite, blades variable, but commonly broadly ovate or elliptic and coarsely dentate or lacerate, commonly variegated with white or pale yellow margins, or sometimes all dark green. Inflorescence a compound panicle.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Aralia Miniature White (Small), spinach leaf, Polyscias guilfoylei variegated, Geranium aralia||Whitish or greenish||Ornamental varieties hardly bloom.||7 to 12 feet||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
Aralia plants can propagate by stem cuttings or if the stems are thick enough, air layering during the rainy season. Propagating aralia plants is more successful when temperatures are above 21 degrees C. .
|Full to partial sunlight||Peat-based, well-aerated, light soil||Medium||20 to 30 degrees C||Fertilize every two weeks with liquid houseplant fertilizer in spring and summer and monthly in fall and winter.|
Caring for Aralia Miniature White
- Adequate watering is of course, essential, but over-watering is above all the greatest cause of the demise of virtually all Aralias.
- It is generally thought that plants will thrive when kept on the dry side.
- False aralia does not like to be moved. A sudden change in location causes the leaves to drop off.
- Trimming the tips of an Aralia Plant helps promote new growth.
- Handpick as many of the mealybugs from the plant as possible.
- Treat the areas near the base of the leaves with a cotton swab dipped in alcohol every five days, especially where you see the cottony masses of insects.
- Insecticidal soap is helpful when mealybugs are in the crawling stage before they attach to the foliage and assume their cottony appearance.
Typical uses of Aralia Miniature White
Special features: Aralia varieties are ideal for adding softness and texture to indoor spaces.
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: Aralia Miniature plant is used as edge plant.
Medicinal use: NA
You may browse related categories
Want to write review ?Click here to Login
What garden lovers say ... ?
Great plant..looked nice n fresh wen i received ..Highly recommend it!
Looking Good ....survived!!!!!!
Thanks Nurserylive. i could not get this product in my area without you!