Agave potatorum cv Ouhi-Raijin, Agave tropicana - Succulent Plant
499+ Gift Out of Stock
(Inclusive of all taxes)
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 350 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 20 - Rs 200) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 499
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Agave potatorum cv Ouhi-Raijin, Agave tropicana
This agave is highly variable in form, but in general, the rosettes are small and compact, composed of short, rigid, thick leaves that are green with a pattern of distinctive white markings. The markings are generally along leaf keels or margins, giving a sort of polyhedral appearance. It is very impressive when big, with its bold structure, and beautiful form. On the rare occasion when it finally blooms, it is a complete show-stopper; The stalk bolts to the sky and the showy flowers grace the neighbourhood. It works beautifully as a single large specimen and also when planted amass with other agaves. Tough and particularity indestructible this Native beauty should be in anyone drought-tolerant landscape. Works particularly well when planted with ornamental grasses nearby.
Planting and care
In partially shaded areas, this plant can be used as a focal point in a desert garden, or in groups as a barrier. The saw-like flat leaves grow from a dense rosette base and spiral outwards.
Caring for Agave potatorum cv Ouhi
- Agave that is grown in pots require even more grit in the soil and can actually be planted in a cactus mix.
- The addition of small rocks or pebbles to the soil increases the drainage capabilities of the container.
- Agave plants in containers will require more water than those in the ground and will need to be re-potted every year or so to replenish the soil and root prune the plant.
- Agave plant care for container grown plants is otherwise the same and it affords you the ability to bring sensitive forms indoors when temperatures plummet.
Typical uses of Agave potatorum cv Ouhi
Special features: This plant is known to some as the century plant because it is thought to flower only once every 100 years; however, this is misleading as it usually flowers after 20-30 years of storing enormous food reserves in its leaves and then dies.
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: Agave is hardy enough for the most exposed courtyard or balcony. It makes a dramatic statement in the landscape and is much favoured for use in rock gardens. In many gardens, Agave is best grown in containers. The gigantic leaf-rosettes of these splendid succulents rank them among the most popular accent plants for modern gardens.
Medicinal use: NA
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments