Rex Begonia Fireworks - Plant
799+ Gift Out of Stock
(Inclusive of all taxes)
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
Begonia is a genus of perennial flowering plants in the family Begoniaceae. The Begonias are native to moist subtropical and tropical climates. Some species are commonly grown indoors as ornamental houseplants in cooler climates. In cooler climates some species are cultivated outside in summertime for their bright colorful flowers
Annual begonia is about as easy as it gets. It does well in a variety of conditions, but to keep it its most luxuriant best, give it light shade; rich, well-drained soil; and ample water. It also loves plenty of fertilizer, so be generous.
Because of their sometimes showy flowers of white, pink, scarlet, or yellow color and often attractively marked leaves, many species and innumerable hybrids and cultivars are cultivated.
Begonias are among the most popular of cultivated plants, indoors or outdoors. These lovely plants are grown for both their leaf forms and their blooms, depending on the type of begonia. In some areas of the world, the wax begonia is easily the most popular bedding plant, while serious plant collectors still go to great lengths to hunt down beautiful foliage begonias.
Common name: Begonia semperflorens, Begonia
Bloom time: Year round
Height: 6 to 12" (height) x 12 to 18"(width)
Difficulty level: Medium
Planting & Care
The plant perform best in big size containers (8inh or more) or plant them on ground
Sunlight: sensitive to temperature changes and to temperatures below about 60 degrees F. (16 C.) You can keep them happy as houseplants or store them dormant over winter
Soil: begonias prefer a light, rich soil. When planting directly in the ground, a moist, well-drained location is optimal and mulch will keep the roots shaded. In pots, make sure to provide drainage holes. A peat-based potting mix is ideal for containers.
Water: Begonia rex should be watered when the soil or pot feels dry, but don’t wait until the plant starts to wilt. You can cut back on water during their dormant period in the winter, watering only when the pot dries out.
Temprature: prefers plenty of indirect sunlight and room temperatures at 65-70 deg
Fertilizer: You can feed your potted plants monthly with any good houseplant food. Too much food will make for a scraggly plant, so pay attention and adjust the feeding to suit your variety. Rex begonias can be temperamental and you just have to find the right conditions and balance for your plant. Don’t feed at all during the winter
- Begonias aren t the easiest plants to make happy.
- They can be very demanding of just the right amount of water, food and humidity.
- Plants will vary and the only way to know what your plant wants is to watch it, once it has adjusted to its new surrounding.
- If it s flourishing, continue with what you were doing.
- If it is droopy or gangly, adjust the light and water.
- Eventually you ll figure out the right balance.
- Repotting rex begonias each spring will ensure that they have plenty of soil to grow in, but they like to be a little bit pot bound.
- Large or gangly plants can be pruned into shape.
- Rotating potted rex begonias will keep the plants full and stocky.
- Some species are commonly grown indoors as ornamental houseplants in cooler climates.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
can you supply marble or terracotta rectangular pot?
This is easy to grow with low maintenance requirements
Is this plant low maintenance.
Given as a gift in the hopes of bringing prosperity to the recipient
Wow plant in excellent shape.