Lucky Bamboo Boat - Plant
Description for Lucky Bamboo Boat
Lucky bamboo plants are extremely easy to take care of and require very little maintenance, making them a perfect gift for a grandmother on Mother s Day, or a grandfather on Father s Day.
Lucky Bamboo is one of the most popular feng shui cures. You can see feng shui lucky bamboo in most floral shops nowadays. These cute little arrangements in their exotic containers are stalks of Dracaena sanderiana, a plant native to the equatorial West African region.
They are not bamboo.
So, why is it called the "lucky bamboo"? Most likely, because cuttings of the Dracaena look like the bamboo and the Chinese have for centuries associated the bamboo with good fortune, fortitude, and resilience.
The lucky bamboo arrangement is a perfect coming together of the five essential elements of Feng Shui - earth, wood, water, metal, and fire.
According to Chinese tradition, the meaning of lucky bamboo is tied with the number of stalks and associated arrangements of those. You can also customize your lucky bamboo arrangement to bring different kinds of luck to your life.
- Two stalks represent love.
- Three stalks represent Fu (happiness), Lu (wealth), and Soh (long life).
- Five stalks represent the areas of life that represent wealth (e.g., spiritual, mental, emotional, physical, and intuitive).
- Six stalks represent good luck and wealth.
- Seven stalks represent good health.
- Eight stalks represent growth.
- Nine stalks represent great luck.
- Ten stalks represent perfection.
- Twenty-one stalks represent a powerful blessing.
Lucky bamboo plants are never arranged in four stalks. In Chinese, the word four is close to the word for death, so a gift of four bamboo stalks would be considered very rude, as if you had wished death on the recipient!
Place this lucky bamboo arrangement in any spot in your house or office to enhance the good energy, to revitalize the bad, and to bring growth into your life.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|-||-||-||Upto 3 to 5 feet||Easy|
Planting and care
It s probably easiest and a little cleaner to grow in water and stones, though it can also grow in soil. Ultimately, it s up to you and will likely be determined by the pot or vase you have available.
|Plenty of indirect sunlight||If you want to grow it in soil, well-drained, rich potting soil is best.||Keep water fresh by changing it every week, and always keep water levels at approximately an inch from the base of the canes.||65 to 70 degrees C||Add a mild solution to the water such as African Violet fertilizer. Since growth can be controlled by feeding, small amounts of fertilizer will keep the plant at a manageable size.|
Caring for Lucky Bamboo Boat
- As for what water to use, this plant is very sensitive to chemicals like fluoride and chlorine only use tap water if it s been sitting out for 24 hours (so the chemicals can evaporate. Otherwise, bottled water is best. Once the plant has grown roots, the roots must be kept covered with water. Again, 1 to 3 inches is all it takes.
Typical uses of Lucky Bamboo Boat
Special features: Lucky Bamboo is one of the most popular feng shui cures. You can see feng shui lucky bamboo in most floral shops nowadays. These cute little arrangements in their exotic containers are stalks of Dracaena sanderiana, a plant native to the equatorial West African region.
Ornamental use: Place this lucky bamboo arrangement in any spot in your house or office to enhance the good energy, to revitalize the bad, and to bring growth into your life.
Want to write review ?Click here to Login
What garden lovers say ... ?
i just check out d site,its realy vry amazing n affordable site,thanku fr introducing to sch site.
Is it a live plant?
Good packing. Plant is very healthy and also I received free seeds offer & cashback . Happy :-)