** for new paypal users only
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Golden Bamboo, Phyllostachys Aurea
Phyllostachys Aurea Golden Bamboo is a prime choice for privacy screening or a bamboo fence. Phyllostachys aurea is easily identified by their characteristic compressed internodes in the lower part of the canes which have a tortoiseshell-like appearance.
This internodal compression results in shorter heights and thicker cane diameters (relative to height) than many other Phyllostachys species. The canes are typically green but will turn yellow in full or partial sun, and deepen into a gold-orange color as the plant matures.
Planting and care
Phyllostachys aurea can be propagated by division or basal cane cuttings in spring. Plant pieces of runners in early spring, just as new shoots are bursting into life. Dig a hole that is twice as wide as the root ball on your bamboo. Set the bamboo in the hole and spread the roots out some in the hole. Gently backfill the hole, tamping down the soil some as you go. Water the hole thoroughly to help fill in any air pockets.
Planting the bamboo this way allows the bamboo to establish faster, as the soil around it will be loose and the roots and rhizomes will be able to grow in it more quickly.
Caring for Golden Bamboo
- Choosing a bamboo for your container is quite similar to choosing a bamboo for your garden.
- You choose the area where the amount of sunlight or shade is available.
- Clumping Bamboos do not grow as aggressively and therefore will generally last much longer in pots before they get root bound and need repotting.
- After a few years of growing and filling in your bamboo may need to be thinned.
- Simply cut off dead, weak, small and otherwise inferior plants at ground level leaving the healthier plants with room to grow.
- For trimming roots, simply dig up a foot of soil at the border of where you want the plant to spread every year and trim back any roots you find here.
- If you want your bamboo to stay a certain height, feel free to trim it above a node. After trimming it to height, the bamboo below the node will begin to fill out and become the new canopy.
Typical uses of Golden Bamboo
Special features: Screen, Hedge, Buffer for noise reduction. Backgrounds. Specimen. Excellent winter hardiness.
Culinary use: Immature shoots are used for culinary purpose.
Ornamental use: Phyllostachys Aurea is used for the ornamental purpose.
Medicinal use: NA
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Thank you so much... gifted to someone special and he likes it a lot
Pot seems to be really small. DO I have to shift the plan to the bigger pot as it starts growing in a few months?
IS this, an indoor plant ????
Is the item durable?
Can you ensure that your packaging will not spoil the plant.
Any query about golden bamboo, phyllostachys aurea - plant