2 Layer Lucky Bamboo - Plant
Lucky bamboo plants make perfect gifts for any occasion and can symbolize ingredients to a happy life. The meaning of lucky bamboo varies depending on number of stalks, but the basic symbolism stands for Wealth, Happiness and Longetivity. The three symbols of lucky bamboo make it a perfect present for weddings, house warming gifts, new job promotion and even birthdays.
Lucky Bamboo is one of the most popular feng shui cures. You can see feng shui lucky bamboo in most floral shops nowadays. These cute little arrangements in their exotic containers are stalks of Dracaena sanderiana, a plant native to the equatorial West African region.
They are not bamboo So, why is it called the "lucky bamboo"? Most likely, because cuttings of the Dracaena look like the bamboo and the Chinese have for centuries associated the bamboo with good fortune, fortitude, and resilience.
The lucky bamboo arrangement is a perfect coming together of the five essential elements of Feng Shui - earth, wood, water, metal, and fire.
According to Chinese tradition, the meaning of lucky bamboo is tied with the number of stalks and associated arrangements of those. You can also customize your lucky bamboo arrangement to bring different kinds of luck to your life.
- Two stalks represent love.
- Three stalks represent Fu (happiness), Lu (wealth), and Soh (long life).
- Five stalks represent the areas of life that represent wealth (e.g., spiritual, mental, emotional, physical, and intuitive).
- Six stalks represent good luck and wealth.
- Seven stalks represent good health.
- Eight stalks represent growth.
- Nine stalks represent great luck.
- Ten stalks represent perfection.
- Twenty-one stalks represent a powerful blessing.
Lucky bamboo plants are never arranged in four stalks. In Chinese, the word four is close to the word for death, so a gift of four bamboo stalks would be considered very rude, as if you had wished death on the recipient!
Place this lucky bamboo arrangement in any spot in your house or office to enhance the good energy, to revitalize the bad, and to bring growth into your life.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Lucky Bamboo,Dracaena braunii||-||-||A plant kept in a pot can grow up to 3 feet high. If it s grown in soil outside, it may reach a height of up to 5 feet.||Very easy to grow|
Planting and care
It s probably easiest and a little cleaner to grow in water and stones, though it can also grow in soil. Ultimately, it s up to you and will likely be determined by the pot or vase you have available.
|Plenty of indirect sunlight||If you want to grow it in soil, well-drained, rich potting soil is best.||Keep water fresh by changing it every week, and always keep water levels at approximately an inch from the base of the canes.||65-70o F||Add a mild solution to the water such as African Violet fertilizer. Since growth can be controlled by feeding, small amounts of fertilizer will keep the plant at a manageable size.|
- Lucky Bamboo Prefers to have filtered Sunlight. They do not like Direct Sunlight.Keep the Plant at a Place where it can receive filtered sunlight.
- Just Add Enough water to cover the roots. Do not over water.
- Replace the water at Regular Intervals. Twice in a week would be fine
- Ensure you Place your Bamboo where it can receive Fresh air
- Try to Use Soft water ( Drinking Water )
- You can trim the small roots so that it encourages to sprout new roots; This will help Plant Grow Better. Remove or Cut the Parts of the Plant that have turned Pale Yellow or have died.
Special features: Lucky Bamboo is one of the most popular feng shui cures. You can see feng shui lucky bamboo in most floral shops nowadays. These cute little arrangements in their exotic containers are stalks of Dracaena sanderiana, a plant native to the equatorial West African region.
Ornamental use: Place this lucky bamboo arrangement in any spot in your house or office to enhance the good energy, to revitalize the bad, and to bring growth into your life.