|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Tamarindus indica, Imli
Tamarind is a leguminous tree in the family Fabaceae indigenous to tropical Africa. The genus Tamarindus is a monotypic taxon, having only a single species.
Planting and care
Choose a proper site for the tamarind tree. It needs full sun and some protection from the cold when young. You may choose the south side of a slope for this purpose or build your own cold protection for the first couple of years.
Plant a tamarind seed in the spring 1/2-inch deep. Seeds collected from pods remain viable for months and will germinate a week after planting.
Caring for Tamarindus indica
- Water the newly planted seed every other day, just enough to moisten it.
- Keep it moist until it grows a few inches above ground then pull back on watering
- After the seedling starts growing vigorously on its own, it will need watering only once a week during the growing season and only enough to wet the roots
- Gradually taper watering in the fall, and stop in the winter.
Typical uses of Tamarindus indica
Special features: Shade tree and/or fruit tree. Landscape specimen/accent but needs a big space. Residential street tree. Parking lot islands. Parks.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Pot seems to be really small. DO I have to shift the plan to the bigger pot as it starts growing in a few months?
Can be kept in semi shade areas
I bought this in January and it is in good condition I must say.
Awesome.... Really I feel its now safe to buy plants online. Perfect packing....Great idea.
Buy this just 2 weeks ago .and its growing very nice