|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Sterculia Alata, Buddha Coconut
Buddha Coconut is a tall tree, which gets is a name from its coconut-like fruit. Leaves are blade broadly ovate-heartshaped. Flowers are borne in small, few-flowered racemes. Fruit is large, woody.
Planting and care
Red flowers grow into huge, very pretty, five-sectioned seed pods with red interiors, which can reach 12 cm in diameter and open along one side to release up to 40 very large, shiny, black edible seeds. This large deciduous tree with an attractive buttressed trunk is found in disturbed, evergreen forests from India to Burma and Malaysia.
Caring for Sterculia Alata
- These seeds have already been thoroughly cleaned and should be sown into a well-drained, sandy compost at any time of the year, and covered thinly with sand or grit and kept moistly.
- Keep at between 20 to 25 degrees C.
- Seeds sometimes germinate within 4 to 6 weeks although some varieties may take very much longer so, please be patient.
- Plant out in the open ground in warmer countries or in a large container elsewhere.
Typical uses of Sterculia Alata
Special features: The adsorption process has not been used extensively in wastewater treatment, but demands for a better quality of treated wastewater effluent, including toxicity reduction, have led to an intensive examination and use of the process of adsorption
Ornamental use: It is used as the ornamental plant.
Medicinal use: Mostly used for skin disease treatment, fever, and minor wounds.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
How often should i water it and does it come with soil or should i get my own soil?
What is Botanical name of this plant?
?How many years will it live?
Very good. Worth the price
Plants are awesome.. the quality is just fantastic. .....I gifted it to my mom on her anniversary