|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Phyllostachys Sulphurea
This bamboo forms rhizomes , some varieties much. It possesses strong straws with a diameter of 4 to 8 cm. The Halmscheiden are light brown and densely mottled black. The leaves are light green, sometimes streaked pale yellow, 6 to 16 cm long and 1 to 2 cm wide, and form a dense mass of foliage.
Planting and care
Most bamboos are happiest in well-drained, highly organic soils. They need frequent, liberal watering, especially when getting established. Use mulch to help retain moisture. Gardeners need to exercise patience when taking on the bamboo challenge, because it takes several years (often 5 to 10) for bamboo to grow into the dense grove desired.
Requires a rich damp soil in a sheltered position and plenty of moisture in the growing season. Tolerates dry conditions. This is generally a very hardy species, tolerating temperatures down to about -20 degree c, but persistent cold springs make the plant lazy in sending up new canes. It dislikes prolonged exposure to hard frosts.
Germination usually takes place fairly quickly so long as the seed is of good quality, though it can take 3 - 6 months. Grow on in a lightly shaded place in the greenhouse until large enough to plant out.
Caring for Phyllostachys Sulphurea
- You can thin the clump each year.
- Avoid removing the newest culms unless they are growing awkwardly or into an unwelcome area.
- The interesting thing about trimming bamboos is that it is done only once a year; at the very most a second trimming will be done a few days later, because the last shoots have still grown, but is generally sufficient.
- Apart from modifying the stature of the plant, trimming also makes the foliage denser.
- Weeding is only necessary during the first two years; afterward, the plant is sufficiently developed to prevent grass from growing. Fallen leaves must be left on the ground as they keep it damp, and their decomposition enriches the soil.
- This also prevents the growth of grass.
- In order to control their spreading, the new shoots must be cut back as soon as they appear in unsuitable areas.
Typical uses of Phyllostachys Sulphurea
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
How crazy that we all have plants on the mind.
"I can t wait to bulk purchase again.
Excellent service and good product. Well packed and well delivered. Though few leaves were fallen but plant was almost ok.
Very much happy with the product and service. On time delivery with product being in perfect condition.
Versatile plant that can be kept in sunny or semi-shade environments