hardwickia elliptica - Plant
Description for hardwickia elliptica
Hardwickia is a monotypic genus of flowering plant in the subfamily Caesalpinioideae of the legumes. The only species is the Anjan, Hardwickia binata Roxb., an Indian tree that grows some 25 to 30 m high. This plant genus was named after Thomas Hardwicke by William Roxburgh
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Hardwickia binata Family: Caesalpiniaceae (Gulmohar family)||Flowers small, pale yellowish-green||Jul.-Sep.||30mt||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
Buffelgrass is a shrubby grass up to 1.5 feet tall and 3 feet wide. It looks like a bunchgrass when small. Older plants branch profusely and densely at nodes, giving mature plants a messy appearance.
|Partial Shade||well-drained soil||Medium||10C to 30C||the groundnut pod yields under pollarded hardwickia were atpar to that of solecropped ... Application of commercial fertilizers in large quantities is not only.|
Caring for hardwickia elliptica
- Hardwickia binata, a native of India, is a handsome deciduous tree, growing up to 30 m in height and 3 m in girth, with a clean cylindrical bole 15 m in height.
- The tree is found in the dry savannah forests of the Deccan peninsula, Central India and parts of U.P. and Bihar.
- is rough, dark gray in color with irregular vertical cracks, and exfoliates in narrow flakes.,
- small leaves are alternate, kidney-shaped, pinnate, grayish-green in color, and measure about 2-6 cm in length, and 2-3 cm in width
- flowers ne in lax panicles, in ample axillary and terminal panicles; calyx lobes 5, petaloid; petal absent; stamens 10; ovary sessile; ovules stigma peltate.
Typical uses of hardwickia elliptica
Special features: These nodal branches produce new leaves and flower spikes very quickly after light rains, making buffelgrass an extremely prolific seed producer. Inflorescences are 1.5-5 inches long, fat brown to purplish when fresh or occasionally straw-colored. The spikes are crowded with dense bristly fruit which are actually burs without hardened spines.
Ornamental use: Hardwickia is a medium or large deciduous ornamental tree
You may browse related categories
Want to write review ?Click here to Login
What garden lovers say ... ?
VERY nice im so Happy for this plant
Wow plant in excellent shape.
Keep it away from harsh direct sunlight to prevent leaf burn.