** for new paypal users only
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Albizia julibrissin, Pink Siris
The bark is dark greenish grey in color. The leaves are bipinnate. Each pinna is with 20 to 30 pairs of leaflets. The individual flowers are powder-puff like, with no petals but a tight cluster of stamens. They are pink with a white base, looking like silky threads.
Planting and care
Keep spacing of at least 10 feet in between 2 plants at the ground. Plant the mimosa tree in a sunny spot with well-drained soil. The tree adapts to any type of soil as long as it has good drainage. It also makes an excellent container plant. Provide a large container with plenty of loamy soil and excellent drainage for a potted plant. It spreads about 2.5-4 meters so, plant accordingly.
Caring for Albizia julibrissin
- Water regularly; do not overwater.
- Remove dead, diseased, damaged parts.
- March is the good time to prune.
- A 2-inch layer of mulch should be applied to keep the soil moist.
- Roots like to spread out, so it is wise not to plant this tree close to a building or any cement structure.
- Fertilize the tree in early spring before the leaves appear.
Typical uses of Albizia julibrissin
Special features: Attractive to bees, butterflies, and hummingbirds.
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: It is most often grown as an ornamental tree.
Medicinal use: The flowers and stem bark are used to make medicine. It is used for anxiety, cancer, depression, sleep problems (insomnia), and sore throat.
Note: Please consult your health expert.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Any query about albizia julibrissin, pink siris - plant