White Ginger Lily, Sontakka - Plant
Our Camia plant (also called White Ginger) continued to bloom profusely with the The White ginger lily (Hedychium coronarium) is originally from the Himalayas angouba in Manipuri, sontaka in Marathi, and suruli sugandhi in Kannada.
Common name: butterfly lily
Bloom time: Seasonal bloomer
Height: 3.00 to 6.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Plants need deep fertile soils. Plants like moist and cool weather - especially during blooming periods. The plants require plenty of water from April - November.
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- They are winged and are capable of flight.
- Thrips cause immense damage to tender shoots and flower buds.
- Thrips have saw-like mouth parts with which they rasp the parts of plant and suck the juice.
- The affected parts look as if they are burnt.
Borders. Container plants.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
No serious insect or disease problems. Watch for scale, red spider mites, aphids and root rot.