|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Sassafras variifolium
Easily grown in average, medium, well-drained soil in full sun to part shade. Prefers moist, acidic, loamy soils. Tolerates dry, sandy soils. Large taproot makes transplanting of established trees difficult.
Planting and care
Easily grown in average, medium, well-drained soil in full sun to part shade. Prefers moist, acidic, loamy soils. Tolerates dry, sandy soils. Large taproot makes transplanting of established trees difficult. If root suckers are not removed, tree will spread and begin to take on the appearance of a large multi-stemmed shrub.
Caring for Sassafras variifolium
- Although adapted to dry, sandy soils, they do best in moist, fertile soils in partial to full shade.
- Seeds, root-cuttings or suckers may propagate sassafras trees.
- Seeds are produced every one or two years after the plant reaches the minimum seed-bearing age of ten years.
- Seeds may be gathered when the fruits turn a dark blue.
Typical uses of Sassafras variifolium
Special features: Also can be grown as lawn specimens.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose
Medicinal use: Infusions made from the bark of the roots were taken internally as a preventive to ward off fever, as well as a remedy to treat diarrhea, rheumatism, measles, and scarlet fever.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments