|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Rumex crispus
Rumex sanguineus, known by a number of different common names including bloody dock or red-veined dock, is a tap-rooted rosette-forming perennial of the buckwheat family that typically grows in a rounded foliage clump to 18â€ tall and as wide. It is native to ditches, clearings and forests in Europe and Asia, but has over time escaped gardens and naturalized in certain areas of the U. S. and Canada.
Planting and care
Easily grown in average, medium moisture, well-drained soil in full sun. Best performance is with consistently moist soils. Plants are reportedly winter hardy to USDA Zone 6, but have survived winters in Zones 4 and 5. Plants may be directly seeded in the garden in spring. May be grown as an annual. Propagate by seed or division.
Caring for Rumex crispus
- Soils must not be allowed to dry out. Self-seeds and can be invasive in the garden. Some gardeners prefer to remove the flower stalks immediately both to prevent self-seeding and to promote bushy leaf growth. Leaves often lose sharp leaf and stem coloration as they age and may be trimmed off to promote growth on new leaves.
- No serious insect or disease problems. Watch for snails and slugs. Rust and leaf spot may occur.
Typical uses of Rumex crispus
Special features: Attractive ornamental foliage plant for herbaceous or mixed borders. Also may be grown in herb or vegetable gardens. Pond marginal. Containers.
Culinary use: he young leaves of this plant are edible and add interesting color and a spinach-like taste to salads.French sorrel are more often grown in herb or vegetable gardens for their leaves which are typically added to salads, soups, omelettes and sauces.
Ornamental use: Attractive ornamental foliage plant for herbaceous or mixed borders. Also may be grown in herb or vegetable gardens. Pond marginal. Containers.
Medicinal use: piles, bleedings of the lungs,
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments