** for new paypal users only
|Special Gift Today|
|upto 100% Cashback on all orders Today|
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Rose (Pink)
The flowers are densely filled with petals, much like antique roses, and must possess a strong fragrance. English roses are a good choice for cutting gardens. They are full, intensely perfumed flowers make sumptuous bouquets. Some varieties climb if left unpruned and can be trained along a fence.
The symbolism of rose colors is steeped in tradition. Roses inspired people over thousands of years to develop a language of color.
Planting and care
When you bring rose plant and cannot plant it immediately, leave the plant in the box and lightly sprinkle the roots every day. Do not let the roots to dry out. Plant the rose plant as soon as possible. If cannot plant it immediately to the desired location, plant it in a container. Dig a planting hole according to the roots, the rose plant has.
If it is 2 yrs, then dig a planting hole at least 6 inches deeper, so the roots of the plant can be accommodated without crowding or bending. Mix some fertilizer (cow manure or organic compost) with the soil in the planting hole, plant the rose plant carefully, spread its root and fill with soil. Firm the soil tightly around the plant.
If the rose plant is not so old and has fewer roots then dig a lesser deeper planting hole.
Cut a stem from a rose plant. Mix fertilizer with some soil, add little water to this mixture and make a firmly tight lump at one end of the stem.
Dig a planting hole (index finger deep) place the stem with lump side down, fill with soil. Firm the soil tightly. Keep the soil moist continuously for 2-3 weeks.
Caring for Rose
- Roses, especially the repeat flowering varieties, need a generous supply of nutrients regularly through the growing season.
- Slow release or organic fertilizers applied to the ground are the most effective; however foliar feeds are also valuable for a quick effect and to help keep the leaves healthy.
- Mulching with organic matter (a very wide range is available) is a very important part of rose growing, helping to conserve water, keeping the ground cool and feeding the microorganisms and worms in the soil.
- It should preferably be well rotted and, if it starts to disappear during the season, be reapplied.
- The best way to keep your plants free from pests and diseases is to choose disease resistant varieties and to grow them as well as possible.
- Regular watering is essential, the rose will be stronger, healthier and, most importantly, produce more flowers.
- Early spring is the best time to prune. If it is still winter, your overeager cuts may lead to frost damage.
- Pruning is pretty straightforward: Remove all non-negotiable growth, thin the plants, and then shape them.
- Experts advise cutting 1/4 inch above a bud eye so the bud eye does not dry out.
Typical uses of Rose
Special features: Attractive flower color
Culinary use: Rose hips are occasionally made into jam, jelly, marmalade, and soup or are brewed for tea, primarily for their high vitamin C content. They are also pressed and filtered to make rose hip syrup. Rose petals or flower buds are sometimes used to flavor ordinary tea or combined with other herbs to make herbal teas.
Ornamental use: Roses are best known as ornamental plants.
Medicinal use: The rose hip, usually, is used as a minor source of Vitamin C. The fruits of many species have significant levels of vitamins and have been used as a food supplement. Many roses have been used in herbal and folk medicines. Some species have been used for stomach problems, and are being investigated for controlling cancer growth.
Note: The following information is general guidelines. Be sure to ask your healthcare provider for guidelines.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Awesome seeds. All grow and are great.
What are other names of this plant?
Very nice plant but price is ok
is the pot and soil included?
Thanks the plant is growing well