|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Menispermum canadense
Menispermum canadense is a flowering plant in the family Menispermaceae, native to eastern North America, from southern Canada south to northern Florida, and from the Atlantic coast west to Manitoba and Texas. This woody vine, climbing adjacent objects and vegetation by its twining stems.
Young stems are green to brownish red and slightly hairy, while older stems become hairless and woody. The alternate leaves are palmately lobed. Occasionally, panicles of whitish to yellowish green flowers are produced along the non-woody stems.
Planting and care
Winter hardy to USDA Zones 5-8 where it is best grown in sandy, moderately fertile, medium moisture, well-drained soils in full sun to part shade. Avoid full sun in hot summer climates. Plants grow well in sun dappled conditions. Plants spread by rhizomes.
Caring for Menispermum canadense
- It is best grown in moderately fertile, medium moisture, well-drained soils in full sun to part shade.
- Avoid full sun in summer climates. Plants grow well in sun-dappled conditions.
- Plants spread by rhizomes. Propagate by division of rhizomes or by seed.
- Plants are dioecious (need both male and female plants in order for females to produce seed).
Typical uses of Menispermum canadense
Special features: Typically grown as a twining vine on a support structure. May be grown along the ground as a ground cover (infrequently done for ornamental reasons) in woodland areas, cottage gardens or naturalized areas. Also helps prevent soil erosion on banks.
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: The plant is used for an ornamental purpose.
Medicinal use: NA
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments