|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Levisticum officinale
Lovage, Levisticum officinale, is a tall perennial plant, the sole species in the genus Levisticum in the family Apiaceae, subfamily Apioideae, tribe Apieae. Small umbels of tiny, greenish-yellow flowers appear in spring. Ternately compound, deeply divided, dark green leaves resemble flattened parsley or celery leaves.
Planting and care
Lovage looks a bit like celery but is in the carrot family. The plants may grow up to 6 feet and bears lacy thick green foliage. The flowers are yellow and held in umbrella-shaped umbels.
Caring for Levisticum officinale
- Lovage is normally fairly low maintenance and is normally quite medium to grow, as long as a level of basic care is provided throughout the year.
- Being aware of the basic soil, sun and water preferences will result in a happier and healthier plant.
Typical uses of Levisticum officinale
Special features: Herb garden. Also has ornamental value and good height for a back corner of the border or for naturalized areas or wild gardens.
Culinary use: The leaves can be used in salads. The seeds can be used as a spice, similar to fennel seeds.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for an ornamental purpose.
Medicinal use: NA
- Huxley, A., ed. (1992). New RHS Dictionary of Gardening. ISBN 0-333-47494-5.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments