Out of Stock
(Inclusive of all taxes)
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 350 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 20 - Rs 200) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 499
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Labdanum
C. ladanifer is an evergreen shrub of loose, open habit with very sticky, narrow, aromatic leaves, dark green above, grey beneath. Flowers to 10cm in width, white with a deep red blotch at the base of each petal.
Planting and care
Cistus ladanifer is a species of flowering plant in the family Cistaceae. It is native to the western Mediterranean region. Common names include gum rockrose, laudanum, labdanum, common gum cistus, and brown-eyed rockrose. It is a shrub growing 1 to 2.5 m (3 ft 3 inch to 8 ft 2 inch) tall and wide.
Caring for Labdanum
- An accurate soil test will tell you where your pH currently stands.
- Acidic (sour) soil is counteracted by applying finely ground limestone, and alkaline (sweet) soil is treated with ground sulfur.
- If you order roses from a mail-order company, order early, in January or February (March at the latest).
- They are usually shipped in the spring as bare roots when plants are fully dormant, well before they have leafed out.
Typical uses of Labdanum
Special features: Phylogenetic and divergence dating methods found that C. ladanifer diverged during the Pleistocene, long after the opening of the Strait of Gibraltar around 5 mya, which supports a hypothesis of dispersal for this species. Although its seeds fall close to the maternal plant, C. ladanifer may have successfully dispersed due to its preference for disturbed habitats.
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: The plant is used for an ornamental purpose.
Medicinal use: NA
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments