|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Hypericum perforatum
unbranched rounded stem 20-50 cm tall. Lance-like leaves are paired and stem-clasping. Yellow flowers occur in a branched cluster at the top of the stem. Petals have marginal black dots. The leaves of Perforate St Johns Wort, when held to the light, reveal translucent dots, giving the impression that the leaf is perforated.
Planting and care
It thrives in areas with either a winter- or summer-dominant rainfall pattern. Depending on the individual species, St. John s Wort may survive in USDA hardiness zones from 3-10. St. John s Wort should be grown in a spot where they will receive full sun or partial to light shade. Plant them in average to fertile, well-draining garden soil.
Caring for Hypericum perforatum
- Hypericum grows well from seed sown in sunny, well-drained soil that has a pH between 5.5 and 7. If the soil has a pH below 5.5, you can add lime, or, if the pH is above 7, peat moss helps to improve the pH balance.
- The seeds should be scattered over the soil and then covered with a light layer of soil.
- The soil should remain moist, but not overly wet as this could cause rotting, during the germination period of three weeks to three months.
- The weakest Hypericum seedlings should be removed as should any weeds that spring up.
Typical uses of Hypericum perforatum
Special features: Easily grown in medium moisture
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: It is used as an ornamental plant.
Medicinal use: Aromatic, astringent, resolvent, expectorant and nervine. Used in all pulmonary complaints, bladder troubles, in suppression of urine, dysentery, worms, diarrhoea, hysteria and nervous depression, haemoptysis and other haemorrhages and jaundice.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments