|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Horehound
White Horehound (Marrubium vulgare) is a gray-leaved herbaceous perennial plant, somewhat resembling mint in appearance, which grows up to 25-45 cm tall. Stems are quadrangular and branching. Oppositely arranged leaves are 2-5 cm long with a densely crinkled surface and are covered with white felted hairs. Flowers are white, borne in crowded whorls in leaf axils. White horehound is distinguished from other species by its ten-toothed sepal cup.
Planting and care
Buy a plant or start horehound from seed. Well-drained soil is the secret to growing this herb, as too much moisture in the winter can kill it. Sow seeds outdoors in spring or fall, 1/2 inch deep.
Caring for Horehound
- Horehound tends to thrive in dry, poor soil, so this makes a great herb to dress areas up that may have inadequate conditions.
- It usually takes this hardy little perennial two years to get fully established and start producing tiny purple blooms.
Typical uses of Horehound
Special features: Interesting plant for the herb garden, border, naturalized area or meadow. Also may be grown in open areas near ponds and streams.
Culinary use: Horehound is used to make hard lozenge candies.
Ornamental use: As an ornamental herb, its attractive, fuzzy gray foliage can also be used as a bouquet filler.
Medicinal use: NA
- Tennant, John (1727). Every Man His Own Doctor. p10.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments