|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Ground-Ivy
Glechoma hederacea is an aromatic, perennial, evergreen creeper of the mint family Lamiaceae. Ground Ivy is one of the commonest plants, flourishing upon sunny hedge banks and waste ground.
The root is perennial, throwing out long, trailing, unbranched square stems, which root at intervals and bear numerous, kidney-shaped leaves of a dark green tint, somewhat downy with many-celled hairs, and having regular, rounded indentations on the margins. The leaves are stalked and opposite to one another, the undersides paler and dotted with glands.
Planting and care
Ivy growing in full sun tends to winter-burn, so it is particularly important to have them planted in the shade in Zones 4-7 where winters are very cold.
Caring for Ground
- As a ground cover plant, Ivy is invaluable because of it s ability to discourage soil erosion.
- As the Ivy vine grows, it sets roots into the soil deeply and densely, and creates a network of roots which binds the soil, helping to prevent erosion and slippage on slopes.
- Ivy has the ability to climb almost any vertical surface, clinging by means of aerial roots.
Typical uses of Ground
Special features: Ground cover for shade gardens, woodland gardens or shady border areas.
Culinary use: NA
Medicinal use: Diuretic, astringent, tonic and gently stimulant. Useful in kidney diseases and for indigestion.
Note: Please consult your health expert.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments