|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Celastrus scandens
Celastrus scandens, commonly called American bittersweet or bittersweet, is a species of Celastrus that blooms mostly in June and is commonly found on rich, well-drained soils of woodlands.
Planting and care
In very cold climates, make sure you plant American bittersweet vine (Celastrus scandens) rather than Chinese bittersweet (Celastrus orbiculatus)
American bittersweet vine is hardy in USDA plant hardiness zones 3b through 8, while Chinese bittersweet suffers frost damage and may die to the ground in USDA zones 3 and 4. It is hardy in zones 5 to 8.
Caring for Celastrus scandens
- American bittersweet thrives in sunny locations and in almost any soil.
- Water these bittersweet vines by soaking the surrounding soil during dry spells.
- Bittersweet vine doesnt usually need fertilization, but if it appears to get off to a slow start, it may benefit from a small dose of general purpose fertilizer.
- Vines that receive too much fertilizer dont flower or fruit well.
Typical uses of Celastrus scandens
Special features: Woodland gardens, naturalized areas. Provides quick cover for fences, arbors, trellises, posts, walls or other structures in the landscape. Also may be grown along the ground to camouflage rock piles or old tree stumps.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose. Its generally kep indoor in living room and in terrac area.
Medicinal use: skin problems, leukorrhea, and rheumatism.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments