** for new paypal users only
|Special Gift Today|
|upto 100% Cashback on all orders Today|
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Apocynum cannabinum
This herbaceous perennial plant becomes about 2Â½â€“5' tall at maturity. Initially, this plant develops an erect central stem with opposite leaves during the late spring, but during early to mid-summer it branches abundantly. The stems are light green to red, terete, glabrous, and sometimes glaucous. At intervals along these stems, there are pairs of opposite leaves.
Planting and care
Cannas can be planted outdoors in warm climates or containers in other areas. During spring, when planting of canna lily plant, wait until the threat of frost has passed. Groups of cannas should be planted about a foot or two apart.
Caring for Apocynum cannabinum
- Once established, cannas need to be kept moist.
- They also require monthly fertilizer that is relatively higher in phosphate for continual bloom.
- Its usually necessary to dig up and store canna rhizomes in the fall.
- They can also be overwintered in pots and allowed to grow throughout the winter season.
- In spring they can be replanted or moved back outdoors.
- You can also divide the plant during this time if necessary.
Typical uses of Apocynum cannabinum
Special features: After the latex has been squeezed from the plant, it is allowed to stand overnight to harden into a white gum which can be used (sometimes mixed with clean clay) as chewing gum.
Culinary use: The seeds have an edible use as a meal (raw or cooked) when ground into a powder.
Ornamental use: A good plant to naturalize in a butterfly garden, native plant garden or wild garden.
Medicinal use: It is also used in herbal medicine to treat fever, dysentery.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Any query about apocynum cannabinum - plant