|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for American Elderberry, Sambucus
Elderberries are popular for their unusual taste in pies, jellies, and jams. They are occasionally used in winemaking. The plants are very hardy (usually to Zone 4 but some kinds to Zone 3), and because they flower in late June, the crop is seldom damaged by late spring frost.
Planting and care
Elderberries grow best in moist, fertile, well-drained soil with a pH between 5.5 and 6.5, but will tolerate a wide range of soil texture, fertility, and acidity.
It s a myth that they prefer swampy areas.
In fact, they do not tolerate poor drainage.
Plant elderberries in spring, as soon as possible after they arrive from the nursery to prevent plants from drying out.
Apply 1/8 pound of ammonium nitrate (or .5 lbs. 10-10-10) for each year of the plant s age, up to one pound per plant (or up to 4 lbs. 10-10-10).
Caring for American Elderberry
- The most difficult problem faced when growing elderberries is weed control. Because they have shallow roots, do not cultivate deeper than 2 inches.
- After the first year, it is best to avoid disturbing the soil at all because the slightest injury can damage the fibrous root system or kill one of the new upright shoots.
- Use a combination of pulling weeds by hand while they are still small, mowing and mulching to control weeds without disturbing the elderberry roots.
- Once you develop a thick hedgerow of plants, elderberries can suppress weeds quite well.
Typical uses of American Elderberry
Special features: Elderberries are one of the easiest and most versatile shrubs to grow in your edible landscape
Culinary use: The elderberry bush or elderberry tree yields the berries that are commonly used in syrups, jams and wine.
Ornamental use: Landscape specimen, shrub borders, screens, backgrounds, stream/pond peripheries or low spots. Good sprawling hedge.
Medicinal use: Elderberries are an excellent general immune system booster.
With elderberrys anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, it makes sense that it can help sinus issues.
Both the flower and the berry have traditionally been used to treat diabetes.
Elder has been shown to promote both urination and bowel moments.
Elderberry may also help with constipation.etc.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
As good as shown in the website, plant is healthy. Packing was awesome.
?What if i keep this plant in the office where it is AC? Will it survive there?
Plant is in good health.. I m really happy with this little one.