Aralia Golden - Plant
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Aralia Golden
In temperate climates, Ming Aralia is a very popular and relatively easy-to-grow houseplant. Indoor container plants may be grown in a variety of soils as long as the drainage is good. Plants generally thrive in peaty, sandy, soil-based potting mixes that have excellent drainage.
Polyscias fruticosa, commonly called Ming aralia, is an evergreen shrub. Finely-segmented, 1-3 pinnate compound leaves have narrow-ovate to lanceolate leaflets with spiny-toothed margins. Pale yellow to white flowers in free-branching inflorescences bloom in summer. Fruit is a drupe.
Planting and care
Aralia plants can propagate by stem cuttings. Propagating aralia plants is more successful when temperatures are above 21 degrees C. Take softwood, or green-tip, cuttings from an aralia plant in the summer, using the top 10 inches of the plant. Strip the majority of the leaves from the bottom of the stems, then place them upright into a pot of moist, sandy soil.
The stems will begin to root after a few days. When the plant gets larger, transfer it to a new pot or your garden.
Caring for Aralia Golden
- When growing Ming Aralia indoors is that it must be kept constantly moist.
- Adequate watering is of course, essential, but over-watering is above all the greatest cause of the demise of virtually all Aralias.
- It is generally thought that plants will thrive when kept on the dry side.
- False aralia does not like to be moved. A sudden change in location causes the leaves to drop off.
- Trimming the tips of an Aralia Plant helps promote new growth.
- Handpick as many of the mealybugs from the plant as possible.
- Treat the areas near the base of the leaves with a cotton swab dipped in alcohol every five days, especially where you see the cottony masses of insects.
- Insecticidal soap is helpful when mealybugs are in the crawling stage, before they attach to the foliage and assume their cottony appearance.
Typical uses of Aralia Golden
Special features: Aralia varieties are ideal for adding softness and texture to indoor spaces.
Ornamental use: Aralia Plant is used as the ornamental shrub; may be grown indoors in containers.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Very nice plants...looking so beautiful..thanku nurserylive?
when I opened the box I was amazed at how well this plant was packaged and how healthy they all were.
Thank you so much... gifted to someone special and he likes it a lot
Easy plant to grow quickly and provide the rooms with a colourful leaf display
Beautiful plant, arrived in very good condition. Impressive packing. Looking forward to buy one more