Water Cabbage, Water Lettuce (3 Piece) - Plant
1 packet contains Cabbage - 100 seeds.
249+ Gift Out of Stock
(Inclusive of all taxes)
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 350 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 20 - Rs 200) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 499
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Water Cabbage, Water Lettuce (3 Piece)
Cabbage (Brassica oleracea or variants) is a leafy green biennial plant, grown as an annual vegetable crop for its dense-leaved heads. Closely related to other cole crops, such as broccoli, cauliflower, and brussels sprouts, it descends from B. oleracea var. oleracea, a wild field cabbage.
Cabbage heads generally range from 1 to 8 pounds (0.5 to 4 kg), and can be green, purple and white. Smooth-leafed firm-headed green cabbages are the most common, with smooth-leafed red and crinkle-leafed savoy cabbages of both colors seen more rarely.
This cool-season crop grows best when daytime temperatures are in the 60s F. Direct-seed or transplant spring crops for fresh use in summer. Plant fall crops for winter storage or sauerkraut. Lifecycle: annual
Ease-of-care: moderately difficult, Requires good soil, timely planting and protection from pests.
Planting and care
The planting season for cabbage is quite long. Early cabbage should be transplanted as soon as possible so that it can mature before summertime heat. If you have been wondering when to plant cabbage plants, you should know that several varieties are available at different maturity times so you can have a harvest all summer long.
When thinking about when to plant cabbage plants, you should remember that hardened plants can be very tolerant of frosts. Therefore, you can plant these early in the spring with other cool season vegetables. Late cabbage can be started during mid-summer, but remember that they wonâ€™t develop a head until fall.
Caring for Water Cabbage
- When transplants reach 5 inches tall, thin to make sure they are still the desired length apart. (The plants you remove can be transplanted elsewhere in your garden.)
- Fertilize 3 weeks after transplanting.
- Keep soil moist with mulch and water 2 inches per week.
- Start cabbage seeds indoors 6 to 8 weeks before the last spring frost.
- See frost dates for your area here.
- Harden off plants over the course of a week.
- To prepare soil, till in aged manure or compost.
- Transplant outdoors 2 to 3 weeks before the last expected frost date. Choose a cloudy afternoon.
- Plant 12 to 24 inches apart in rows, depending on size of head desired. The closer you plant, the smaller the heads.
- Mulch thickly to retain moisture and regulate soil temperature.
- Practice crop rotation with cabbage year to year to avoid a build-up of soil borne diseases.
- Although broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage are closely related, cabbage will not tolerate them. Also avoid proximity to strawberries and tomatoes.
- Cabbage can be grown near beans and cucumbers.
Typical uses of Water Cabbage
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Great plant, great case, great packaging. If you are planning to buy please go ahead.
M vry hapy wid d plants..... its so b ful ...... just want to know how often have to sprinkle water in it..
This plant is exactly what I wanted.
It came well packed and is exactly how they show it
Gift for my father and he loved it