Pink Lily, Hybrid Lotus (Pink, light Lavender) - Plant
Description for Pink Lily, Hybrid Lotus (Pink, light Lavender)
Best grown in moist, acidic, humusy soils in part shade to full shade. Plants may be grown from seed, but will not flower for 4-5 years. Quicker and better results are obtained from planting corms which are sold by many bulb suppliers and nurseries. In addition, offsets from mature plants may be harvested and planted
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Kamal, Lotus||pink||April||upto 0.50 feet||easy to grow|
Planting and care
|Full sun to part shade||Muddy water||They grow in water||21 C||Apply any organic fertilizer|
Caring for Pink Lily
- The Lotus plant should be fertilized sparingly for the first year.
- Too much fertilizer may cause the Lotus foliage to burn.
- A Lotus plant that is established can be fed every 3 or 4 weeks during the growing season.
- Care must be taken when inserting fertilizer tabs, because the growing tip and new growth can be damaged.
- It is important to protect the Lotus roots from freezing.
- Lotus can winter over in the pond if the pond depth is below the freeze line for your area.
- In late fall, the yellowed foliage should be cut off and the plant lowered to the deepest part of the pond.
- Or you may lift the tubers after the plant has died back during the fall.
- If you lift the tubers, store them in a cool, frost-free location until late spring.
- To help prevent mildew and rotting, store them in living sphagnum moss.
Typical uses of Pink Lily
Special features: Naturalize in moist soils in shaded areas of native plant gardens, shade gardens, woodland gardens or wild/naturalized areas. Also grows well in pond or stream banks or in shady areas of rock gardens.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose. Its generally kep outdoor in pond.
Medicinal use: The flower is used to brew lotus teas, which relieves cardiac complications and helps to stop bleeding.
Want to write review ?Click here to Login
What garden lovers say ... ?
Excellent proctus collection
Beautiful healthy plants delivered straight to the doorstep.
Dose u give instructions on how to maintain them??