1099+ Gift Out of Stock
(Inclusive of all taxes)
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 350 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 20 - Rs 200) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 499
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Nymphaea Caerulea, Hybrid Lotus (Blue)
It is one of the most majestic plants to have in a water garden. It is by far the most exotic of all pond plants. They are very easy to grow once you understand the basic care of them.Nymphaea caerulea, commonly known as blue lotus or sacred blue lily of the Nile, is a tropical water lily that features day-blooming, star-shaped flowers (to 4-6 inch across), each with upright, pointed, light blue petals spread flat on the water surface. Each leaf is connected directly to the plant rhizomes by a long leaf stalk (petiole). Flowers typically bloom from July to the end of summer.
Best grown in moist, acidic, humusy soils in part shade to full shade. Plants may be grown from seed, but will not flower for 4-5 years. Quicker and better results are obtained from planting corms which are sold by many bulb suppliers and nurseries. In addition, offsets from mature plants may be harvested and planted
Planting and care
This tropical water lily is best grown in still water in full sun to part shade. Plant rhizomes in spring, preferably in small containers. Plant each rhizome at a 45 degree angle with the bud end up and with the bud slightly above the soil surface. Set containers in 9-16â€ of water (after the water temperature has warmed to about 70 degrees F.) at the bottom of a water garden or tub garden or at the muddy bottom of a small pond.
Caring for Nymphaea Caerulea
- The Lotus plant should be fertilized sparingly for the first year.
- Too much fertilizer may cause the Lotus foliage to burn.
- A Lotus plant that is established can be fed every 3 or 4 weeks during the growing season.
- Care must be taken when inserting fertilizer tabs, because the growing tip and new growth can be damaged.
- It is important to protect the Lotus roots from freezing.
- Lotus can winter over in the pond if the pond depth is below the freeze line for your area.
- In late fall, the yellowed foliage should be cut off and the plant lowered to the deepest part of the pond.
- Or you may lift the tubers after the plant has died back during the fall.
- If you lift the tubers, store them in a cool, frost-free location until late spring.
- To help prevent mildew and rotting, store them in living sphagnum moss.
Typical uses of Nymphaea Caerulea
Special features: Naturalize in moist soils in shaded areas of native plant gardens, shade gardens, woodland gardens or wild/naturalized areas. Also grows well in pond or stream banks or in shady areas of rock gardens.
Culinary use: blue lotus flowers are used to make various concoctions including blue lotus tea, wine and martinis. Recipes for such drinks involve steeping or soaking the petals, about 10â€“20 grams for up to three weeks. Blue lotus tea is prepared by boiling the entire flowers for 10â€“20 minutes.
Ornamental use: Water Plant, Rain Garden.
Medicinal use: The flower is used to brew lotus teas, which relieves cardiac complications and helps to stop bleeding.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
I purchased a plant online from nursery live and received it in a very perfect condition, Thanks nurserylive team
Awesome experience!!! Luved the plant. Looked exactly the same. Thank you NL
Amazed us with safe and sound delivery
I m really impressed with this plant properties.
Good growth and 90% germination