With this purchase you will get:
Description for Pentas (Any Color)
This product does not have the flowers at the time of shipping. Afterward, the plant will bloom and it could be of any colored flower.
Encourage butterflies and hummingbirds to visit your garden with nectar-rich, colorful Pentas plants (Pentas lanceolata). Pentas plants, also commonly called Egyptian star flower, are frost-tender perennials native to Yemen and east Africa.
They grow 3 to 4 feet tall with an upright growth habit. Clusters of colorful, star-shaped flowers bloom from spring through fall in shades of white, red, pink, purple and lavender.
Planting and care
Pentas lanceolata, more commonly known as Pentas, and also casually referred to as the Egyptian Stars due to the flowers unique shape. This shrub grows anywhere from 18 to 36 inches in height, and can reach 4 feet at maturity.
Caring for Pentas
- Pentas make a welcome addition to gardens due to their relatively low maintenance requirements.
- For the best results, start planting during late spring using a well-drained, moist soil and plenty of sunlight for good measure.
- The Pentas prefers a soil that doesnt stay soggy after heavy rainfall or irrigation.
- Choose an area that gets more than 6 hours of bright sunlight every day. When planting multiples, space plants 18 to 24 inches between each plant.
- In addition to sunlight, Pentas care requires plenty of water. When you see soil begin to dry out, its time to water.
- Put in an inch or two of water for every 2 to 4 inches of dry topsoil. Repeat the watering cycle when the soil begins to dry out.
- Keep an eye on the watering schedule, especially in the hotter summer months, when plants may require more water.
- Fertilize perennial and annual Pentas on a monthly basis using a balanced water-soluble plant food.
- When planting this easy care flower in spring include a slow-release fertilizer to provide the necessary nutrients for the plant to grow and thrive.
- Follow up with monthly liquid feedings, using the recommended application rates listed on the label.
- Also in the springtime add a 2-inch layer of mulch to conserve precious water and prevent weeds.
- Mulch perennial Pentas before winter to help insulate them against the winter cold.
- To encourage full bushy growth gently pinch the stems. Trim damaged and dead stems during late winter before spring arrives.
- Snip dead or overgrown stems as soon as you see them during the growing season to keep your plants looking healthy and bright!
Typical uses of Pentas
Ornamental use: Grow pentas plants in border areas, hanging baskets, cottage gardens and butterfly gardens, and in naturalized areas.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Any query about pentas (any color) - plant