** for new paypal users only
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Passiflora incarnata (Purple), Krishana Kamal
Interesting Fact: The interesting thing about this plant is that
It is believed with reference of Hindu epic Mahabharata that :
There are about 100 of blue petals - one for each of the Kauravas.
5 of the yellow ones in the centre - one for each of the Pandavas.
The green bulb in the centre symbolises Draupadi, the queen of Pandava.
The three filaments are for the holy trinity of Brahma-Vishnu-Shiv and the radial in the centre is the Sudarshan chakra of Lord Krishna. Passiflora incarnata is a rapid-growing, tendril-climbing vine which is woody in warm winter climates and herbaceous (dies to the ground) in cold winter climates. Features three-lobed, dark green leaves and showy, 2.5" diameter, fringed flowers having white or purple petals and sepals and a central crown of pinkish-purple filaments. Flowers bloom in summer and are fragrant. Fleshy, egg-shaped, edible fruits called maypops appear in July and mature to a yellowish color in fall.
Planting and care
Passion flowers plant can be propagated by softwood cuttings and seeds. Seeds and cutting can plant in the early monsoon and spring season. Mature seedling should transplant in the pot or ground.
Caring for Passiflora incarnata
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am.
- You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector.
- You should prune and fertilize a plant mostly in the spring season.
- When a plant grows beyond its limit and pot size not providing enough space for the spread of roots, re-pot with fresh soil and some fertilizer.
- While re-potting, try not to disturb the roots. Avoid any drastic change in the provided environment otherwise, the plants may get stress/shock.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Typical uses of Passiflora incarnata
Special features: May be used on trellises, arbors, walls or fences.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for an ornamental purpose. It is best for trellises, arbors, walls or fences.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Delivered plant in good condition, leaves are lively green but waiting for cultivating flowers.
Couldn t find it anywhere else.
I can see the love and care that goes into shipping my plants, thanks nurserylive.
What are other names of this plant?
Very good. Worth the price
Any query about passiflora incarnata (purple), krishana kamal - plant