With this purchase you will get:
Description for Ornamental Cabbage, Ornamental Kale (White, Green)
Ornamental Cabbage or Ornamental Kale plants with serrated or fringed or smooth leaf margins. It is the leaves that give the foliage color and interest as ornamentals. Rather than the usual green or purple of traditional cabbages, the leaves of ornamental cabbages and kale have been hybridized to feature rosy and/or creamy white colors, making them look more like flowers.
Planting and care
Ornamental Cabbage is propagated by seeds. Best season of the sowing is fall season. Use pottting mix as the soil, vermicopost, and coco peat (1:1:1).
Caring for Ornamental Cabbage
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am.
- You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector.
- You should prune and fertilize a plant mostly in the spring season.
- When a plant grows beyond its limit and pot size not providing enough space for the spread of roots, re-pot with fresh soil and some fertilizer.
- While re-potting, try not to disturb the roots. Avoid any drastic change in the provided environment otherwise, the plants may get stress/shock.
Typical uses of Ornamental Cabbage
Special features: Attractive foliage
Ornamental use: This plant is used as an ornamental purpose.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments