Ociumum Basilicum Sabja - Plant
Description for Ociumum Basilicum Sabja
Sticky Wild Basil is a subshrub, growing from a woody base. Branchlets are finely velvet-hairy, 4-angled, becoming round later.
Leaves are decussate, elliptic to nearly round, up to 2 x 1.5 cm, densely velvet-hairy below, base flat, margin rounded toothed, tip blunt; leaf-stalk to 1 cm. Flowers are borne in whorls of 6, on a 3-chotomous raceme at branch ends.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Sweet basil tulsi||Yellow to reddish||Dry climate to bloom||8 to 18 feet||Easy, Moderately easy|
Planting and care
- To get a head start, start the seeds indoors 6 weeks before the last spring frost.
- Ensure your outdoor site gets 6 to 8 hours of full Sun daily; soil should be moist and well-drained.
|Full Sun||Well-drained soil||Keep soil moist throughout the growing season||25 to 30 degrees C||Use any organic fertilizer|
Caring for Ociumum Basilicum Sabja
- Make sure that the soil is moist. Basil plants like moisture.
- If you live in a hot area, use mulch around the basil plants (the mulch will help keep the soil moist).
- Make sure to pick the leaves regularly to encourage growth throughout the summer.
- After 6 weeks, pinch off the center shoot to prevent early flowering.
- If flowers do grow, just cut them off.
Typical uses of Ociumum Basilicum Sabja
Special features: After the seedlings have their first six leaves, prune to above the second set. Every time a branch has six to eight leaves, repeat pruning the branches back to their first set of leaves
Ornamental use: Can be used for ornamental purpose
Medicinal use: Unverified information Because of its medicinal virtues, Tulsi is used in Ayurvedic preparations for treating various ailments.
Note: The following information is general guidelines. Be sure to ask your healthcare provider for guidelines.
- http://www.almanac.com/plant/basil http://www.flowersofindia.net/risearch/search.php?query=Basil&stpos=0&stype=AND
Want to write review ?Click here to Login
What garden lovers say ... ?
Thank you Nurserylive for such nice live plants collection
This plant can be grown anywhere in the house in?indirect sunlight.
Very much happy with the product and service.