With this purchase you will get:
Description for Gazania (Yellow-Orange)
Care of Gazania flowers is limited and often non-existent if you have neither the time nor the inclination to care for them. Botanically called Gazania rigens, treasure flowers is a more common name. The plant is often referred to as the African daisy
Planting and care
Get the cuttings started in 4-inch pots, in a good quality potting soil. Plant rooted cuttings in spring at 24 to 30 inches apart. Keep watered until plants are established, then water every two weeks throughout summer. Overhead irrigation is acceptable when watering Gazanias.
Caring for Gazania
- Gazania plants are easy to grow. They do well in hot, dry weather. They even tolerate salt!!
- Grow plants in full sun.
- Gazania prefers good to average, sandy soil.The soil needs to be well drained.
- Established plants do best in dry soil conditions. Water plants only during long, extended droughts.
- Fertilize plants every 4-5 weeks, with a general purpose fertilizer.
- Bring indoors in the fall, before the first frost, and grow gazania as a houseplant.
Typical uses of Gazania
Special features: Mass in beds and borders. Containers. With its trailing stems, this species is particularly useful in hanging baskets.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose. Its generally keep indoor in living room and in terrace area.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
What are other names of this plant?
Thank you so much... gifted to someone special and he likes it a lot
Keep it away from harsh direct sunlight to prevent leaf burn.
Came with good package. Nice thick stem and with wet coco peat but nothing came out of the pack. Got a healthy plant
?What if i keep this plant in the office where it is AC? Will it survive there?