With this purchase you will get:
Description for Fishtail Palm, Caryota Palms
Fishtail palms are wonderful additions to any garden or living space. It can add a tropical island feel effortlessly. The leaves of the plant have jagged-edges that look like fins and fishtails, hence the name.
Caryota palms are bipinnate palms, the only palms that have this sort of leaf anatomy. In other words these palms have the basic shape of a feather palm, only there are "side branches" off the main "branch" and all the leaflets come of these side branches. This more complex leaf arrangement makes for some of the most dramatic and beautiful of all the palm leaves. Each leaflet of a Caryota palm is somewhat triangular in shape, sort of the shape of a fish s tail. Hence the name fish-tail palm.
Planting and care
Caring for Fishtail Palm
- To give this plant the best living conditions though, give it enough indirect sunlight exposure especially during the early morning and late afternoon.
- If you re growing it as an indoor plant, occasionally take it outside for air, cleaning and sunlight.
- The Fishtail also loves humidity. Simulate humidity by misting the leaves with lukewarm water every day or use a humidifier.
- Low humidity can cause the plant to yellow and slow down its growth.
- For Fishtail palms however, very little pruning is required for their maintenance.
- If you want to maintain their current height, cut the vertical stalks to just below the top fronds.
Typical uses of Fishtail Palm
Ornamental use: indoors; specimen; deck or patio; container or planter; screen
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
This plant is exactly what I wanted.
Worth Money. Good Product
Looking Good ....survived!!!!!!
This is easy to grow with low maintenance requirements
Gift for my father and he loved it
Any query about fishtail palm, caryota palms - plant