|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Costus Malortieanus
Winter hardy to USDA Zones 10-11 where this tropical plant is best grown in organically rich, consistently moist, well-drained soils in part shade. Tolerates close to full shade. Intolerant of freezing temperatures. It is a perennial, native to Costa Rica and Nicaragua. It is an ornamental plant grows to about a meter in height and shade loving, The flowers are borne in terminal spikes are yellow striped with red in colour, favourite to humming birds.
Planting and care
Caring for Costus Malortieanus
- Plant care is not difficult but does require vigilance.The vines need to be trained early when they are young. You may use plant ties or just weave them through trellis sections.
- Fertilize the plant in spring just before new growth appears.Pinch off the tips of the vines in the second year to promote branching which will fill the trellis with bushy growth.
Typical uses of Costus Malortieanus
Special features: Greenhouse or indoor plant. Flowers are spectacular, but plants are otherwise not particularly ornamental.
Ornamental use: Costus malortieanus is widely cultivated and used as an ornamental plant.
Note:- The following information is general guidelines. Be sure to ask your healthcare provider for guidelines.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Plants are alive but flowers have not come out as yet.
Beautiful healthy plants delivered straight to the doorstep.
Versatile plant that can be kept in sunny or semi-shade environments
Amazed us with safe and sound delivery
Online Plants sell the Super Model of plants!