|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
Ruttya fruticosa, also known as jammy mouth or jÃªmbekkie, is a shrub which is native to Africa.
Common name: Rabbit ears, Orange bird, Hummingbird plant
Bloom time: Seasonal bloomer
Height: 3.50 to 4.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
They are usually shipped in the spring as bare roots when plants are fully dormant, well before they have leafed out. Theyâ€™ll look like a bundle of sticks on arrival. Note, they are not deadâ€”simply dormant.If you are buying container-grown plants (vs. bare-root plants), plant them by May or early June for best results.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 15 Â°F.
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Where temperatures stay below freezing during winter, enclose the plant with a sturdy mesh cylinder, filling the enclosure with compost, mulch, dry wood chips, pine needles, or chopped leaves.
- Donâ€™t use heavy, wet, maple leaves for mulch.
- Mulch instead with oak leaves, pine needles, compost, or straw.
The fascinating blooms are sold as cut flowers by the million and used in floral arrangements. Bird of paradise make an excellent container plant for atriums, sunrooms and greenhouses.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
None serious, but watch for mealybug and scale.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments