With this purchase you will get:
Description for Manilkara hexandra variegata
Manilkara zapota, commonly known as the sapodilla, is a long-lived, evergreen tree native to southern Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean.
Planting and care
Plant where they will receive a minimum of 5 to 6 hours of full sun per day. Plants grown in weak sun may not die at once, but they weaken gradually. Give them plenty of organic matter when planting and donâ€™t crowd them.Wear sturdy gloves to protect your hands from prickly thorns.
Caring for Manilkara hexandra variegata
- Plant care is not difficult but does require vigilance.
- The vines need to be trained early when they are young.
- You may use plant ties or just weave them through trellis sections.
- Fertilize the plant in spring just before new growth appears.
- Pinch off the tips of the vines in the second year to promote branching which will fill the trellis with bushy growth.
Typical uses of Manilkara hexandra variegata
Special features: Excellent ground cover for areas where invasive spread is either desirable or acceptable or where appropriate barriers have been installed. A good plant for erosion control on slopes and banks. Leave undisturbed to roam in woodland gardens.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Any query about manilkara hexandra variegata - plant