With this purchase you will get:
Description for Bird of Paradise
Interesting Fact: Bird of Paradise (Strelitzia) is a tropical evergreen that features colorful flowers reminiscent of tropical birds.
They come in a variety of colors. The tough, leathery, green leaves are similar to bananas and are attractive as well. The large leaves range between 12 and 18 inches long.
Planting and care
Plant division is the best way to propagate a Bird of Paradise plant. Best Planting season is in monsoon season. When planting in a planter, use a well-drained potting soil and add compost to the mix for fertility. Place the planter in a full sun, warm location.
Caring for Bird of Paradise
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am.
- You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector.
- You should prune and fertilize a plant mostly in the spring season.
- When a plant grows beyond its limit and pot size not providing enough space for the spread of roots, re-pot with fresh soil and some fertilizer.
- While re-potting, try not to disturb the roots. Avoid any drastic change in the provided environment otherwise, the plants may get stress/shock.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Typical uses of Bird of Paradise
Special features: Dramatic flowers
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: The plant is used for an ornamental purpose.
Medicinal use: NA
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Quick delivery, good price
Wow nice plants in good condition delivered..?
What a great experience from start to finish.
Plant is in very good condition.....Vase is good ..... Packaging is ok..... Jelly balls were broken....
Can be kept in semi shade areas