The plant is potted in 6 inch plastic Pot
Description for Amaryllis Lily (Mix Color)
Preparation for Planting, The base and roots of the bulb should be placed in lukewarm water for a few hours. Remember, if you cannot plant the bulbs immediately after receiving them, store them at a cool temperature between 40-50 degrees F.
Plant bulbs in a nutritious potting compost, many are available pre-mixed. Plant the bulb up to its neck in the potting compost, being careful not to damage the roots. Press the soil down firmly to set the bulb securely in place after planting. Placement and Watering Plant the bulb, or place the potted bulb in a warm place with direct light since heat is necessary for the development of the stems. The ideal temperature is 68 to 70 degrees F. Water sparingly until the stem appears, then, as the bud and leaves appear, gradually water more. At this point, the stem will grow rapidly and flowers will develop after it has reached full growth.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Amaryllis Lily (Mix Color), belladonna lily, Jersey lily, naked lady, amarillo, Easter lily,||White to deep red.||Summer||1.5 to 2 feet||Easy to grow.|
Planting and care
In frost-free areas, plant the bulb with the neck at, or slightly above, ground level. In areas where some frost may occur, the bulb should be set with five or six inches of soil above it, followed by an application of four or five inches of fine mulch. Water the area thoroughly after planting.
|Choose a site with full sun (at least 6-8 hours of direct sun daily).||Well-drained soil.||Medium||20 to 30 degrees C||Use any organic fertilizer|
Caring for Amaryllis Lily
- After Flowering - After the amaryllis has stopped flowering, it can be made to flower again.
- Cut the old flowers from the stem after flowering, and when the stem starts to sag, cut it back to the top of the bulb.
- Leaf Growth and Development.
- Continue to water and fertilize as normal all summer, or for at least 5-6 months, allowing the leaves to fully develop and grow.
- When the leaves begin to yellow, which normally occurs in the early fall, cut the leaves back to about 2 inches from the top of the bulb and remove the bulb from the soil.
- Bulb Storage. Clean the bulb and place it in a cool (40-50 deg. F), dark place such as the crisper of your refrigerator for a minimum of 6 weeks.
- Caution: Do not store amaryllis bulbs in a refrigerator that contains apples, this will sterilize the bulbs.
- Store the bulbs for a minimum of 6 weeks.
Typical uses of Amaryllis Lily
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: It is used as the ornamental plant.
Medicinal use: NA