With this purchase you will get:
Description for Amaryllis Lily Double ( Red )
Amaryllis is a perennial flowering plant. Amaryllis is a monotypic (consisting of only one species) genus of flowering plants containing the Belladonna Lily, popularly known as the Amaryllis belladonna lily. Amaryllis is a native of South and Central America and the Caribbean. The Hippeastrum genus of flowering bulbed plants is erroneously named as the Amaryllis or Christmas Amaryllis.
Planting and care
Plant the bulb with the neck at, or slightly above, ground level. In areas where some frost may occur, the bulb should be set with five or six inches of soil above it, followed by an application of four or five inches of fine mulch. Water the area thoroughly after planting.
Caring for Amaryllis Lily Double
- If leaves turn yellow, cut them off at the base.
- Rotate the pot frequently to prevent the flower stalks from leaning toward the light.
- The flower stalks may require support to keep from toppling.
- Flowering is initiated by a stress period of cool or dry conditions.
- The stress period must be at least 10 weeks to be effective.
- These conditions can be provided by keeping the bulbs dry during winter.
- Re-pot the bulb into fresh mixture from early to late Spring and follow the above growing instructions.
Typical uses of Amaryllis Lily Double
Ornamental use: Amaryllis make a stunning display if you cut their flower stems and place them in a sturdy vase. The best time to cut the flower stems is when the first bud has colored and is just ready to open.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Ideal plant for green gift
Very nice plant. Beautiful plant. Nurserylive service very good replace policy is very very good.?
They are the most beautiful, glossy, healthy plants I ve ever seen.
Quick delivery, good price
Online Plants sell the Super Model of plants!