Description for Lettuce Ivonina Batavia
Lettuce greens are so easy to grow, so nutritious, and so delicious picked fresh from the garden, that everyone should grow them. Grow lettuce in the vegetable garden, tuck it into flowerbeds, or cultivate it in containers. With regular watering, shade from hot sun, and succession planting, you can enjoy home-grown lettuce almost year-round in much of the country.
From baby leaf lettuce to big, crisp heads, lettuce is easy to grow in spring and fall, when the soil is cool. Leaf colour and texture vary with variety. All types of lettuce grow best when the soil is kept constantly moist, and outside temperatures range between 45 and 75 degrees Fahrenheit.
Spread: 0.5 to 2 feet
Planting and care
Caring for Lettuce Ivonina Batavia
- You should be able to sow additional seeds every two weeks for a continuous harvest throughout the growing season.
- Fertilize 3 weeks after transplanting. Lettuce prefers soil that is high in humus, with plenty of compost and a steady supply of nitrogen to keep if growing fast. Use organic alfalfa meal or a slow-release fertilizer.
- To plant a fall crop, create cool soil in August by moistening the ground and covering it with a bale of straw. A week later, the soil under the bale will be about 10 degrees F (6 degrees C) cooler than the rest of the garden. Sow a three foot row of lettuce seeds every couple of weeksâ€”just rotate the straw bale around the garden.
- Make sure soil remains moist but is well-drained.
- An organic mulch will help conserve moisture, suppress weeds, and keep soil temperatures cool throughout the warmer months.
- Lettuce will tell you when it needs water. Just look at it. If the leaves are wilting, sprinkle them anytimeâ€”even in the heat of the dayâ€”to cool them off and slow down the transpiration rate.
- Weed by hand if necessary, but be careful of plant roots: They are shallow.
- Planning your garden so that lettuce will be in the shade of taller plants, such as tomatoes or sweet corn, in the heat of the summer, may reduce bolting.
Typical uses of Lettuce Ivonina Batavia
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Very fast germination just on the third day from seeding. Happy with that but has to update the review later based on the yield. If it gives yield just as shown in the picture it will be excellent. Le
I planted the seeds in a vermincompost/soil mix outside in the shadow. Since it is very hot right now it is perfect for tomatos to grow. The seeds germinated a few days after planting them
Sprouted super fast.....have to replant now. I had put too many seeds together. Mistake not to be made again. Great product. My first time in gardening
The seeds are genuine. Just planted and could see some germination after a week. Awaiting for its growth. Thank you
Any query about lettuce ivonina batavia - seeds