Celery Cutting Leaf Common - Seeds ( buy1get1free )
Description for Celery Cutting Leaf Common
Celery will not tolerate heat and can be hard to transplant. Summer crops in the north and winter crops in the south make celery a year-round producer. All the work is worth it when you harvest crunchy, green stalks.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Apium graveolens(botanical name)||-||Summer||8 inches tall.||Easy|
Planting and care
Because a celery plant has such a long maturity time, unless you live in a location with long growing seasons, you need to start celery seeds indoors at least 8 â€“ 10 weeks before the last frost date for your area.
|Full Sun, Part Sun||Any||Keep soil moist throughout the growing season.||55 and 70ÂºF||Apply any organic fertilizer.|
Caring for Celery Cutting Leaf Common
- Celery is a heavy feeder. It also requires lots of water. Make sure to provide plenty of water during the entire growing season, especially during hot, dry weather.
- If celery does not get enough water, the stalks will be dry, and small.
- Add plenty of compost and mulch around the plants to retain moisture.
- Fertilize regularly. Add mulch as needed, to help retain soil moisture and add nutrients.
- Tie growing celery stalks together to keep them from sprawling.
- The parts of celery that are harvested are mainly the stalks, which will be above ground. Harvest stalks from the outside in.
- You may begin harvesting when stalks are about 8 inches tall.
Celery can be kept in the garden for up to a month if soil is built up around it to maintain an ideal temperature.
Typical uses of Celery Cutting Leaf Common
- There is not much flavor difference between the home grown variety and the store bought variety so most gardeners grow a celery plant purely for the challenge it poses.
vitamins and minerals such as vitamin K, vitamin C, potassium, folate and vitamin B6.
It is a popular addition to salads and many cooked dishes. Add celery leaves and sliced celery stalks to soups, stews, casseroles, and healthy stir fries.
Celery is an excellent source of vitamin K and molybdenum. It is a very good source of folate, potassium, dietary fiber, manganese, and pantothenic acid. Celery is also a good source of vitamin B2, copper, vitamin C, vitamin B6, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and vitamin A (in the form of carotenoids).
- 1. Helps Lower High Cholesterol
- 2. Lowers Inflammation
- 3. Helps Prevent or Treat High Blood Pressure
- 4. Helps Prevent Ulcers
5. Protects Liver Health
Want to write review ?Click here to Login
What garden lovers say ... ?
Seeds for this plant are available with u?
Good quality vegetable seeds..95% terminated..
This plant looks best in pots.